Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How to set specific line weights
Hello and good evening.
Please could someone educate me as to 'how to set specific line weights'.
For example if I work in metric how would I set a line-weight of say 0.01 instead of the thin, heavy etc...
I would like to set up a layer where everything which is drafted on this layer is 0.01mm - all lines, arcs, polylines etc.

Many thanks in advance.

castlemaker
Welcome to the group castlemaker,

Using Deltacad Version 8 (the latest version)

-first open deltacad choosing millimeter units.
-Go to 'options'>'drawing data' which will open another dialog box that you make specific changes to.
-under 'line thickness' change the thickness of thin lines to .010 (no need to change other lines)
-You may have to select NO to the 'scale with view scale' selection that is just above the line thickness selection, but wait to see if that is needed first.
-Click OK to exit
-Next go to 'options'>'options'>'default line weight' and change all weights to thin.
-Click OK to exit
-close Deltacad, then reopen to set changes

Chris "i44troll"
Thank you for your informed reply, I am able to set this up now and it works fine.

Is there a way to have specific line weights assigned per layer, for example...let's say I want to have three layers and on each layer anything that I draft on that layer , be it a line , arc, polyline and so on, will always be at the assigned line weight?
Castlemaker,
See this thread to show you a possible solution to your request. Not exactly what you were wanting but, in my opinion, quite a bit easier than remembering line weights.
Try this....
Setup your layers with names like .050 red / .010 blue / .015 green, then draw everything on the default layer using the colors that will represent the line weight. When you are finished you can select each color separately and change its layer properties. Of course you'll need to reselect all entities of that layer at one time to change to the actual line weight and color that you desire, but that will take very little time to do.

Chris "i44troll"
Thank you again for your answer.

(12-29-2013, 03:24 PM)i44troll Wrote: Not exactly what you were wanting but, in my opinion, quite a bit easier than remembering line weights.

Yes, not exactly what I was looking for but as you say it will be easier than trying to recall line weights!, thanks.

(12-29-2013, 03:24 PM)i44troll Wrote: When you are finished you can select each color separately and change its layer properties. Of course you'll need to reselect all entities of that layer at one time to change to the actual line weight and color that you desire, but that will take very little time to do.

I see, thanks, this could however take some time if I need to select each object at a time! - is there a way of selecting everything at once with the same colour?
Quote:I see, thanks, this could however take some time if I need to select each object at a time! - is there a way of selecting everything at once with the same colour?
With the advent of Deltacad Version 7 (we are now in ver 8) came the ability to filter any selection using line weight, color, entity type, etc. Before this was added I mentioned in an older post how useful it would be if Deltacad had that capability. Now that it is included it has changed the way I use layers because it is so easy to use.
-You do not have to select each object individually, under the SELECT TAB choose OPTIONS (which should really have been labeled "filter") then choose the color you want to extract. It really is that simple! You can do the same with line weight as well.
Sorry Chris, forgot to say thanks for your answer on this, all understood.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educate me... Draw specific arc length at sspecified radius williamj 2 1,633 08-17-2020, 05:55 PM
Last Post: williamj