Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
User Interface
Being in Industrial Electronics I am required to occasionally make concept drawings, Plans and circuit diagrams etc. I have used many different Cad and Graphics programs since DOS days and always find it difficult to remember 'the user interface instructions' for the particular program I am currently using.
My favourite programs over the last two years, because of the good user interface, is “Sketchup” for 3D drawings and “Deltacad” for the 2D autocad I might be a spammer because I typed "xxx" as a word..dwg stile drawings.
The one thing I miss in Deltacad is the way Sketchup can Pan in all directions by holding the shift key, push and hold the left mouse button while shifting the mouse.
I am wondering if this function could be implemented using the Deltacad Macro language? or any suggetions?
Ed,

Already implemented in version 8 (nut sure about previous versions)
Default setting uses mouse wheel rotation, not click and hold.
MENU: options>options>mouse wheel options

Chris
Hi Chris
Thanks for the reply! Yes the mouse wheel option for the zoom is good but the PAN function for a diagonal move in Deltacad is 'move up/down then move left/right' etc where as Sketchup can move diagonally in one move which is much more intuitive.
Is the mouse function available in the macro scripts or is this only available in the software?
Ed
Ed,

If you mouse-wheel click an area of the screen, it is re-centered on that area. So by clicking in the upper left area of the screen, you are effectively panning diagonally.

Chris H