Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Saving to Last View
Hi All,
I am rather embarrassed to ask this considering I have been using DCad since 2004. I remember a few years ago, maybe on the old forum, a thread about how to save a .dc file so the view you last had is what would come up the next time you opened it. I also remember it being very simple. But my old gray matter just can't seem to bring the procedure back. I've searched for it here on the forum, but am not having any luck. I've tried saving many different ways, but it always come back to the title block. Or if no block, some random position.

Any help appreciated.

Corey

p.s. Oh, and is there a list of what is new on Dcad 8? I've downloaded it and can't find anything spectacular that is different than version 7. I would LOVE to find it can do iso's, but I don't see it. Thanks.
No problem Corey,

Go to the OPTIONS menu

Then .....

Here are the features of version 8

The ISO option is only a grid setting that lays out points 30 degrees from baseline rather than 90. It does not generate an isometric image on its own, but allows you to adjust distance between points.
Go to the VIEW menu and select grid

Chris
Thanks Chris,
I knew it was something simple.

I'm going to work with the V8 demo for the whole 45 days and see if there is anything I can't do without. I've had pretty good luck with V7.

I am getting ideas about that ISO grid. Might play with it and see what happens.

Thanks again.
Corey