Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Old View Scale Text Size Issue
Ok, I spent all day on this, so I hope this post is worth something.
After searching the forums, lots of experimentation, and never one to give up on a technical challenge, I have to admit, I'm stumped on this. This being, how do you know if where you placed text, it won't flow out of the border or into another object? Why doesn't the text scale correctly with view scale.
I read all the posts on the subject, tried all the tricks, and found that sizing the line width with the text editor does work, but it just seems tedious.

However, I DID find something that might be useful. And I'm not putting this in Hints and Tips because maybe someone already thought about it, and maybe it's not that big a deal, but I have 50 drawings I need to start printing and after two years work, I really don't want to redo most of them to correct what I thought was going to be okay anyway. That being that in View Scale 1, the text would print as viewed. Well, it doesn't.

So, what did I find? If you hover over the text you are wondering about with Select, View or sometimes Point, you will see lines highlighted under each line of text. The lines ARE to scale! If you zoom in and out, the text will change, but the LINE the text is on will stay put! The length of the line is where the text will actually print. I found it is an easy way to double check for border crossing and overprinting very quickly. I will only need to edit where there is a problem instead of doing a bunch of trial and error fitting, or measuring for the exact width.

And, I do think there is a way to view the actual text size and position, but I haven't found it yet. I believe it's a mathematical solution, so it will take me extra time to figure out. If ever.

Hope it's a revelation for some, it was to me.

Corey
Corey,
That actually sounds like the perfect entry in hints and tips! Good find!

Chris
Thumbs Up 
Agreed. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drawing Scale / Font Size Scribbler 10 12,552 09-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Last Post: i44troll