Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing key codes
Hello
Is it possible to re-configure the key codes in DeltaCad to my own choices?
No.
(03-20-2014, 08:06 AM)The Boss Wrote: No.

Yes, so they tell me at 'Midnight' too.

It's okay, in some ways I've probably been spoilt in the past with the 'big' programs I've used. DeltaCad seems pretty rock solid so far and I guess if things can't be chaged that much (I'm taliking gui cosmetic stuff) then at least I/we all know where we stand ... right ?

At least if I ask a question the answer should work (Tongue) because "your set up is the same as mine".

cm
It's pretty much the same with any program. For the most part key codes are hard coded, and usually can't be modified. Can you imagine the confusion that would ensue if they could be? Key(boarding) sequence based instructions would be useless to anyone that modified their 'trigger' keys.

Hence, those key sequences are almost always hard coded. It's usually only in games that a user can modify a given Key-code. DeltaCad is not a game, it's a tool.
Apologies if I didn't make myself clear, I'm talking about own user preferences here, in most 'big' cad programs there is the option to set up your own defined hot keys for commands, this has been my experience in the past. The 'tools' I used in the past were AutoCAD, Solidworks and Microstation, all of which allowed the user to set up 'user defined keystrokes.

No big deal, for my personal use DeltaCad will most likely fit the bill.

Thanks again

cm
I know what you are talking about CM, as with mastercam and autocad you can assign key-mapping to your preferences. This is not available in Deltacad although it would be nice to have since the key combinations that are present take more effort to use than using my mouse.

Chris