Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macro recorder ?
Hello

Is there a macro recorder available in DeltaCad? I am slightly confused about the option (or maybe its just the text used on the ribbonConfused) for 'Create New Macro' as there doesn't seem to be any recording function, it just pops up an internal editor in the program ?

Or do I have to write my own ?

Thanks in advance.
If by 'recorder' you mean recording animations created by a macro, you'll have to use a separate screen/video capture program. There are many available. One you might consider using is Debut from NCH Software.
Thanks for the reply, I was referring to a built in macro recorder for recording input from the user when using the Deltcad program, not screen recording! So as to create useful macros 'on the fly' as it were without having to wrack the old brain cells and get down to actual coding.

Its clear to me now that 'create new macro' just simply means - here you go here's the editor, start typing, I was hoping for something else.
A Macro-recorder would be somewhat useless in Deltacad being only a drawing program. I see no benefit unless there is a specific task you are trying to accomplish. I remember using/creating a similar macro using macro-recorder in excel spreadsheet that could choose multiple cells for one-click deletion, which was a great time saver. What would you use a macro-recorder in Deltacad for....if you could?

Chris