Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draw a polygon problem
In drawing multi sided polygons (Shapes / Draw a polygon) I have an intermittent problem in closing the polygon.

Not always, but every once in a while (after I finish my polygon), I’ll right click the mouse to close the polygon and a line will shoot out from the mouse position along one of the sides that form the last point of the polygon.

Where that line stops will be the new start point for a brand new and unintentional polygon.

At times I think it’s because I inadvertently move my mouse while right clicking but that doesn’t always prove to be the case.

Has anyone else have or had this or similar problems or have similar difficulties in any of the tool tabs?
Must be an anomaly. I've tried to duplicate the problem but failed.
Chris,

Thanks for responding.

I’ve noticed that if I right click (prior to starting the polygon with a left mouse click) I get the same reaction as stated in my original post. The starting point of a new polygon will shoot out from the cursor location and will (randomly?) place itself somewhere in the workspace.

Curiouser and curiouser : /
Chris,

I was able to get a screen capture of the Shapes_Draw a Polygon glitch, it's a 1.25MB avi.

What's the best way to get it to you so you can see exactly what I'm talking about?