Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Selected line color
I'm colorblind and I have trouble distinguishing between the red of a selected line and the black of an unselected line. Is it possible to change the selected line color to say blue?
Alanc,
Welcome to the group...
While there may be no ability to change the selected line color you can always change the background color to black which will automatically change the entity colors to white, which will enable you to see the difference in what is selected and what is not selected.

Options menu>Options>Background Color>Black Radio Button (close and restart Deltacad to make activate the change)

Chris "i44troll"
There is a Basic function which appears to do this:

dcChgColorSelObjs

One of our Macro enthusiasts might like to oblige!

It's a shame this is not available in the main program.

Regards
John
Good Day!

I believe the command "dcChgColorSelObjs" permanently changes the color of the selected objects. It does not appear it will only change their color while selected, which is the desired outcome.

Carl
(05-26-2014, 08:32 AM)i44troll Wrote: Alanc,
Welcome to the group...
While there may be no ability to change the selected line color you can always change the background color to black which will automatically change the entity colors to white, which will enable you to see the difference in what is selected and what is not selected.

Options menu>Options>Background Color>Black Radio Button (close and restart Deltacad to make activate the change)

Chris "i44troll"

Thanks Chris, it certainly makes it easier to distinguish between selected and non-selected lines with a black background. I'll see if I can get used to drawing with it.
Regards,
Alan C.
Hello Carl

Yes, you are right. Sorry all! I should have tried the function first.

Regards
John
Have you tried drawing with other colors to see if you can distinguish between the different colors.
If you have Version 8 it has over 150 pre-assigned colors or you can make your own colors from over 16 million colors.
. . . .
I just tried the black background it doesn't seem too bad. Reminds me of an old DOS CAD I use to use in the late 1980's
That's a good alternative as well, especially if you don't like drawing "in the dark". I wouldn't know which color to choose but you would have to change the color on each type of entity (lines, arcs, and shapes). Same location in the options menu.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educate me... A line cannot be selected for erasing. c1sanford 4 1,677 03-27-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: AlwMVMO