Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Transfer deltacad to new computer
I am running Deltacad 8.0 on windows xp. I had to buy a new computer that is running windows 8.1 . How do i transfer deltacad to the new computer ? I had purchased this as a download , so i have no Deltacad CD. Or do i have to buy Deltacad again?
I should think you'd be able to download the demo version and then enter the code that you were given when you purchased it. If that doesn't work then you should contact Midnight Software for assistance.
I have no idea what the code is Sad I,m pretty bad to lose stuff like that. Thanks for the reply.
This got me thinking that I didn't know where my codes were, but I finally found my receipt and authorization code e-mail from back in May. So I burned the setup program and receipt and authorization code to a CD and marked it DeltaCad 8.0.  Everyone should do this immediately when they purchase it online, this also should be done with all downloaded software, it makes re-installations easier.
You can also load the complete DeltaCad package to a jump drive, then just download it to the new computer. I had to do that with mine when I added a computer out in my garage for working around the machines. You don't have to do anything at all to Windows 7 or Windows 8
I actually emailed Deltacad and they sent me an authorization code, so it worked out perfectly.
Thanks
That's what I did quite recently in a similar situation. They could not have been more helpful.

John

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to transfer DetlaCad 7 to a new computer budkey 1 2,721 09-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Last Post: i44troll
  New computer - bad drawings transfer DavidJ 8 8,491 07-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DavidJ