Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
outside of the maximum drawing boarder
In the process of creating a drawing, something happened I think when I was trying to create splines, i don't know what I did. Whenever I hit "zoom-all", the screen expands enormously so that my entire drawings is but a small dot in the lower-left of the screen. When I try to select all the area outside my drawing borders i get "no entities found". When I try to copy the whole drawing or parts of the drawing to a new sheet it won't work and gives the following message: "This operation would cause objects to be created outside of the maximum drawing boarder." Rather than redrawing it over again I thought I would post this. Does anyone know how to solve this?
Huh
There has to be something there or it wouldn't expand that far out. Maybe you should try viewing it using the alternate black background.
The Boss is right, there may be a misplaced entity that was drawn or pasted outside the main drawing. You can also find your drawing and select it, copy it, and then paste what you have to a new drawing workspace after deleting the problematic workspace. Make sure you backup the first drawing in case that fails. We'll try something different if you continue to have a problem.
(08-07-2014, 03:13 PM)i44troll Wrote: The Boss is right, there may be a misplaced entity that was drawn or pasted outside the main drawing. You can also find your drawing and select it, copy it, and then paste what you have to a new drawing workspace after deleting the problematic workspace. Make sure you backup the first drawing in case that fails. We'll try something different if you continue to have a problem.

The problem though was that I could not move any more than a small part of my drawing. You know that when you select a section then hit the copy button, a rectangle ghost of your image appears waiting for you to drop it where you want to move it. Well this was not happening. When I tried pasting the selected images into another DC space or even in the current drawing, I would get the message "This operation would cause objects to be created outside of the maximum drawing boarder."
Today I change to black background and still didn't see anything besides my drawing. I carefully selected a region under the drawing that just skimmed the bottom, hit the Erase button and this time it snagged on something! After deleting "IT", whatever it was, my drawing now works. I can hit zoom-all and it opens to the drawing boundaries.
Thank you for your response
Apparently some portion of what ever it was that you dragged-and-dropped was, in fact, outside the limits of the DC drawing board. I'm glad that you resolved it. Smile