Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can you have DC "wake up" in Points Tab?
When I start a new drawing, I usually put a point at 0,0 for reference and then put in more points before I start drawing lines.

Is there any way to have DC "Wake up" in the Points tab instead of the Line tab?
I'm not sure if that's possible or not. But what I do... I have several blank drawings that I save and use as templates, some with grids, some in isometric and some just blank but with the tools I need already selected and set up to what I need.

Hope this helps.
I just gave this a try, saving the file back to default while the point tab was active, but it did revert back to line-endpoint as default. However, you can save a little bit of time by creating an origin symbol and saving it back as the default workspace (Deltacad> new> Default). It worked well.

Chris
I've never concerned myself with the 0,0 reference as it's never been an issue. I just start drawing and, in the end, it never seemed to matter if the contents of my drawings went -0,-0 or +0,+0. The resulting drawing, and mainly the print-out, have always been usable. And...DeltaCad really doesn't care. The 0,0 -in DeltaCad- is simply an internal "starting point" that can go many thousands one way toward the plus side and just as many toward the negative side But in the end has no bearing on the final drawing.

In my opinion, there is no need to establish a "0,0" point reference in DeltaCad unless you are dealing with pixel references such as may be needed for a web page, other digital graphics intended for large prints which may require specific (to-the-pixel) cropping and/or resizing or precise CNC projects.

My suggestion, don't worry about the position of the "0,0" location and just commence to creating your drawing. Smile
DeltaCad User,

If all you want is a "new" drawing with a point already at 0,0 just place a point or cross hairs at 0,0 in a drawing and save that drawing in the DeltaCAD program file directory...

Program files > DeltaCAD > new

I saved one as 0_0 new and it shows up in the same menu when you start a new "default" drawing. Just select the "0_0 new" instead of "default" and you're good to go.