Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused Rotating a line about one end
Hi,
      Is there a way of rotating a line about one end instead of its mid-point? At the moment I draw a circle around the end I want to pivot around with a radius equal to the line length. I then extend the line to the circle so that the centre of the new line is the end of the original line. I then rotate the line , delete the circle and slide the endpoint back to its original position. It's a bit of a performance.
Regards,
Alan C.
Wink 
Hi Alan

First set your base point at your required position, then continue with the Rotating.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Caderyn, 
I deleted your two redundant posts. In the future try to edit the original post instead of adding another. The editing feature is down below.

Alanc,
Two Deltacad features that have power over many other CAD programs are the POINT and BASE POINT features. If you learn what these features offer you you will be surprised at what you can accomplish with Deltacad.

Chris (i44troll)
144troll,
Thanks for explaining about the edit feature, I will use it next time, apologies. The redundant posts you deleted had an attachment which Alanc may find useful, can it be added again please?
Thanks Chris,
                   I found the base point button. It's easy when you know how. Thanks for your help.
Alan C.
[Off Topic Request] I've restored the 2 deleted posts and edited them to remove ONLY the redundant quoted posts.

In the future, please use the larger "New Reply" button when replying to the last post in a thread.

Doing so helps to keep our forums less cluttered with unnecessary quoted posts. However, if replying to an older post in a thread, then please do use the smaller Reply button and feel free to remove any portions of the quoted post that do not pertain to your reply post. THX Wink 

Chris - "The Boss"
Boss,

Thanks for restoring what I thought was a duplicated posting Angel

Caderyn,

Forgive me for not looking closer at your posts  Sad

Alanc,

Ask all the questions you want here. Get involved as much as you can. We love to help!  Big Grin

Chris (i44troll)
Chris,
Thanks, no problem.