Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draw Orthogonal continued line ?
Dear Deltacad Users Group

I want to draw a continued line whilst restraining the path along the X and Y axis only, can this be done?

(I have re-written this , hoping it makes sense).

Regards

Caderyn
Caderyn,
Your first request was easier to understand actually. 

Quote:Is there a way to draw a continued line orthogonally, keeping either in the Horizonatal or Vertical only, instead of using seperate line segments by using either the Horizontal or Vertical  line tools or by uisng the command line?

Hope this helps,

Chris (i44troll)
Hi Chris
Yes, thanks, this helps a lot for something else I need to do.

Apologies for not expalining properly here, when I select to use the tool 'Continued Line it does give me exactly that but I want to be able to change direction with the continued path, along the X and Y axis.

Here in my photo you can see I can acheive this by snapping to grid points but, can I also do this same thing without using the grid and only using the tool 'Continued Line' ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Caderyn,
Absolutely! If you select the continued line feature you can type in incremental positions without touching the mouse. By default, Deltacad uses incremental positioning for each entry but if you press the F2 button before you type the coordinates (for each entry) you will change the positioning type to Absolute. Either way you have to enter two numbers with a comma separator to enter your x and y values even if one of your axes did not change (you would enter a "0" for incremental positioning)

Chris (i44troll)
Is there a reason you can click the "draw a continuous line" button, then use the snap to grid along with it? The continuous line button is the zig-zag button.
Kevin,

Is there a reason we can or can't? I'm not understanding your question. I CAN draw a continuous line with the grid on or off. Perhaps you were talking about "snapping" to the grid while using the continuous line? If you have the grid visible it does not necessarily mean that your lines will snap to those points, you have to have "snap to grid" enabled before you can expect the lines to snap to the grid points.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to draw a perpendicular line GeoInMo 1 3,232 04-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Admin 1