Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise me... Multiple copies ?
Hi everyone

I am designing a simple small window cover panel and I would like to add multiple copies of a shape to form the grid pattern. I have tried to look for an answer in the forums but can't find anything there so maybe this subject hasn't come up before.

In my attached screenshot you can see that I have an example of what I am trying to acheive, I would like to have 100 diamonds placed at regular intervals along the X and Y direction, is there a quicker way of doing this rather than manually placing each one singularly?

Thanks in advance.

Caderyn

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey, I've just found out how to do this from the video tutorials section, I obviously wasn't looking hard enough:

http://www.deltacadusersgroup.org/Forums/showthread.php?tid=200

Thanks Chris, you sure have been busy with all these useful tutorials.
Chris has indeed done some outstanding work with his tutorials.

I just thought I'd stick my nose in and points out the obvious (I'm really good at that).

Once you have your array, as instructed by Chris, you can set new base point(s), select the array and create a new object of that array and then do the whole thing all over again. By making the array an object, and then an array again, any changes you make to the original array will automatically change in the rest of the array copies. (Did I say that right?) It fills out a space really fast.

Again, just thought I'd point out the obvious.
There is actually many different ways to get what you are looking for. The easiest would be to use the base-point (because you are also using the grid).
1- Select several diamonds and activate the COPY button.
2- Select the base-point and click on ANY grid point
3- Select the move option and then click on the point on your grid that will move the selected group whatever distance you have chosen.
4- If you want to repeat the array just right-click the mouse button.
Smile 
williamj,

Thanks for 'sticking your nose in' as you say, indeed the obvious is often missed, so no problem thanks very much. Once I had arrayed the first set of diamonds I immediately saw the potential to do just as you said Smile 

Chris,
Thanks, having explored the standard set of tools given in DeltaCad I couldn't see many other ways of acheiving my goal - I could use the command line to enter exact absolute or relevant coordinates I guess or maybe there is a macro command to execute?
Please educate me and enlighten me as to the other ways possible.

Regards

Caderyn
Remember, a base point does not have to be placed on any object, but it should be placed in a position that can be used to create the offset.

Chris (i44troll)
Interestingly enough, that's kinda what I did to create the borders for the awards. Tongue
(12-16-2014, 10:13 AM)i44troll Wrote: Remember, a base point does not have to be placed on any object, but it should be placed in a position that can be used to create the offset.

Chris (i44troll)

Chris
Thanks for the reminder, I'm sure I will need this time and time again.