Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print alignment ?
Hi,

Here's the thing I need to do:

1. The laser bed size is 915 x 610mm.
2. My board sheet size is 670 x 530mm.
3. I am trying to set a print region up to give me a margin of 10mm from the left hand side and from the top of my board ... but I after reading the manual I am still not getting there, please help.
4. Note, on the laser bed 0,0 is located at top left hand corner.

Here's a photo explaing what I'm trying to do:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Like this?

Yes, I want the print region as you have outlined in Blue. So that when I send to print to the laser cutter or any printer (or even PDF for that case) the area that is printed is aligned as you have outlined and not printing in the middle of the page(pages!).

Hope the above makes sense Rolleyes .
Great! I know what to tell you then....

1) Create a box that outlines the borders you want to print, then SELECT that box.

2) Go to the menu, file>set print region

3) Under the "Print Area" heading select "set to last select"

4) Under the "Display Print Area Rectangle" check the "ON" box.

5) Close the dialog box, then go back to file>print preview to verify the results

Wa La!
Chris,

Thanks, I having been trying what you suggested on a test piece but I am still having difficulties here. What I have is a sheet of board in the laser cutter of size 915 x 610mm and I want to cut somehting out in the correct position!

I have worked out how to select and set the region as you have described ... but I always get a print preview of 4 sheets - when I only need one and the objects to be cut out (my test, 2 rectangles and ellipses) placed in the center of the 4 sheets.

Please refer to my screenshots 1 and 2.

Either I'm missing something here or this is how it is with DeltaCAD?

Regards

Caderyn

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey, I've done it now, a bit of experimentation needed ... but I've done it Tongue .

What I did was to slightly alter the placement in the 'Print Region' set up dialog window, in the Print area, left and bottom, I changed the coordinate positions to 0.5 instead of 0.00 and as you would say Chris, Wa La, he he.

This then shows only one sheet in the print preview and in practice laser cuts in the correct position.

The other thing I had to do was to set up a temporary layer 'print Region', set the rectangle print region on this layer, then when I came to print to the laser cutter - just turn this layer off.

Also another thing which is great the laser cutter accepts .dc format files, can it get any better I wonder!
Saaaa...weeet!!

Caderyn,

What's the brand name, model number and/or software version of/for that laser cutter?

I think it and the company deserves a plug for supporting DeltaCad (.dc) files directly without conversion, of which, I must say, is a very rare feature indeed.

(Btw, some of the things discussed/resolved in this thread could make for a good New Thread in our "Hints & Tips" forum, too.)
The laser cutter is an Epilog Legend EXT,made in the USA. I wasn't expecting it to receive and read native .dc files, but it did and it did it well with no problems. Whether this would be the case for anyone else I wouldn't know, but I'm glad and happy that it works for me ... no middle programs to set up in between Wink

Regarding a new thread in the 'Hints & Tips' forum, sure, why not, when I get some time I'll look at this, but being in the festive season now, this may not happen straight away Tongue .
Caderyn, Is this the machine you're using or is it a different model?

[Image: preowned-36ext.jpg]
That's the one indeed, there is another smaller one , but I haven't tried that with DeltaCad yet!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Snap to grid, alignment problem. c1sanford 1 1,330 08-23-2018, 11:16 PM
Last Post: AlwMVMO