Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Advise me... Scale Projection
Tony,

Here is the pdf to DC conversion that is correctly scaled according to the original dimensions. Since the pdf conversion sucks at converting circles I deleted the original .391 circles and redrew them. All other circles still suck (zoom in and you will see how bad they really are!) but there are no dimensions given that I could use to replace them with.

.dc   Section AA side view.dc (Size: 34.14 KB / Downloads: 13)

Chris
(02-16-2015, 04:09 PM)i44troll Wrote: Tony,

Still, the only Post-machining operation to do are the four .391 holes. Everything else is for assembly. what are you doing to this that requires additional dimensioning? By the time it gets to this point in assembly the only thing left to machine are the four holes.

Chris

Hi Chris I need my dimensions to put it together. All the blocks, pads, etc
(02-16-2015, 04:27 PM)i44troll Wrote: Tony,

Here is the pdf to DC conversion that is correctly scaled according to the original dimensions. Since the pdf conversion sucks at converting circles I deleted the original .391 circles and redrew them. All other circles still suck (zoom in and you will see how bad they really are!) but there are no dimensions given that I could use to replace them with.

Chris

Hey Chris thanks alot that is fantasic. Can I ask what you did get the scale right if it doesn't take you to long?
Thanks
Tony
Chris, I got the dimensions now. I'm gonna tell my boss he owes you.

thanks again
Tony,

Watch this video I made years ago on aligning and scaling imported images

Remember this:

Scale FACTOR = desired dimension / current dimension

Chris i44troll
Thanks again Chris & thanks for making the videos

Tony