Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise me... Adding Fonts to DeltaCAD
It's been a while since I have posted to the forum but I have a question on Fonts.

Is it possible to add Fonts to DeltaCAD over and above the ones that come with it?

Thanks in advance,
sonofdoc,

I can't say for sure one way or the other but I just looked and found no file or folder in the DeltaCad directory labeled "fonts". So I would assume that DeltaCad uses your OS's settings as far as usable files. So, if you add a new font to your OS (I assume) it would show up in DeltaCad.

Just my two cents
williamj is correct. It uses your installed OS fonts.
Okay... I'm having difficulties myself. I've just added two new fonts to my OS font file (Bello.ttf (true type format) and Ryman.otf (open type format)). Both fonts show up in my word processor but not in DeltaCad (even after rebooting my desktop). I realize that DeltaCad only recognizes ttf fonts but the Bello.ttf font should show up. DeltaCad's font listing goes from Bell MT to Berlin Sans FB, no Bello.

Any suggestions ???
I created this little macro that sets the text parameters.
Code:
Sub main
dcSetTextParms DCBLACK, "Bello", "regular", 0, 20, flags, xchar, xline
End
End Sub

If you go to create a text, the new font will be displayed in the font box.
But if you click on the font box, the new font will disappear and you will have to rerun the macro

When you do create a text it won't look like the new font.
But if you go to Edit and pick the text, the Sample and text edit box will look like the new font,
but it says it is @Batang font.

I am wondering if it is a bug or DeltaCad has to be reinstalled for the new font to work.
Sounds like a question for Midnight Software. >> (  [email protected]  )

I just noticed the the font lists for DeltaCad, WordPad, and Notepad are a little bit different from each other.
Thanks for the macro Al but I've never really gotten the hang of working/using those things.  lol  Guess it's time to trot off to Midnight Software, will post when I get a reply.
I installed a new font on an old XP laptop then I installed an old DeltaCad 3.0 and DeltaCad 8.0 demo and none of those showed the new font.
I still cut and paste code from the Help manual and samples especially when working with Deltacad objects.
I install a font called 'BlackChancery' from 'http://www.1001fonts.com/free-fonts-for-commercial-use.html'
and it worked.

So I am assuming all new installed fonts won't work in DeltaCad but some do.
Went to DC's web site and dropped them a line about this but haven't heard anything back yet.
That last patch (7/27/2015) didn't let me install the first Bello font I installed to Deltacad.

But I found a free Bello-Script font file at  ( http://fontsov.com/download-fonts/belloscript5082.html )  that installed in Deltacad.

You just have to try several versions before one installs right.