Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Series of holes - possible via a macro
I'm not really familiar with how the macros work.  Would it be possible to generate a series of 5mm holes, 32mm's apart offset from a given line?

in other words, select a line and execute a macro...

line
37mm space
row of 5mm holes, 32mm apart

Thanks!
holes for riveting?
(02-05-2015, 08:04 PM)i44troll Wrote: holes for riveting?

No, it would be for shelf pins in cabinet sides.
You can use the dcGetLineData command to retrieve the Line information. 
Then using the coordinate of the end of the line recalculate the start position for your first hole. 
Then using the For/Next/Step command and dcCreateCircle command create circles with different X coordinates.

The Macro command manuals are under the Help menu bar in the Create New Macro tab.
The Basic Deltacad Extension has the commands to manipulate Deltacad entities.
The Basic Macro Language Ref has the commands for data processing.

The samples can be a big help, I cut and paste code from the samples to the Macro Editor.
You can also look at the Macros that forum members have submitted for help.

If you have ever done any Computer programming such as Microsoft QuickBasic, a lot of the 'Basic Macro Language' commands are the same.
(02-06-2015, 01:25 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: You can use the dcGetLineData command to retrieve the Line information. 
Then using the coordinate of the end of the line recalculate the start position for your first hole. 
Then using the For/Next/Step command and dcCreateCircle command create circles with different X coordinates.

The Macro command manuals are under the Help menu bar in the Create New Macro tab.
The Basic Deltacad Extension has the commands to manipulate Deltacad entities.
The Basic Macro Language Ref has the commands for data processing.

The samples can be a big help, I cut and paste code from the samples to the Macro Editor.
You can also look at the Macros that forum members have submitted for help.

If you have ever done any Computer programming such as Microsoft QuickBasic, a lot of the 'Basic Macro Language' commands are the same.

Thanks! This is exactly what I came up with.
Can you use any "/mb" commands at all? Sounds like the alias may be missing from your macroquest.ini file.

You can open your MBCommon.ini file and change "LoadAlias=0" to "LoadAlias=1", then re-start modbot.