Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Funding the DCUG Forum
Heart 
To all our Forum Members

The DeltaCad User's Group (DCUG) Forum operated for some years using a number of free web-hosing services including ByetHost.com. But eventually the limitations of our site being on a free-hosting service motivated us to move to a paid account (IFast.com) as provided through the byethost.com's servers. The paid account has transformed the reliable availability of our site, in general, and the scope of our Forums due to the fact that we have more storage space, more flexible file type upload/download options, faster access speeds and virtually unlimited site & forum access. In other words mega-multiple hits on our site, no longer causes our site to get temporarily, shut-down as it did when we were on free hosting.

We would very much like to continue having our site available to the masses on our current paid service.  Until now, our annual payment of about $80 has been contributed by most of those you see designated as Moderators and/or Administrators. However, their status, as such, was offered to them and implemented, after acceptance regardless of their financial support and, for the most part, took place prior to going to our current paid web hosting service.

Providing funds in support of our site does not guarantee a promotion nor does being promoted obligate any member to contribute funds. You may, however, get designated as a "supporter" as a 'Thank You' for your financial contribution regardless of the amount.

Our annual payment is currently due in July and we would very much appreciate any donation, however small, from any individual DCUG Members that have been educated or simply want to see this site continue in the manner that we've all come to enjoy.

You can make a donation by going to our DCUG Donation Page. Various methods of payment can be used.
Thank you.

On a side note:
This website and member forum is a completely separate entity from Midnight Software, inc.'s DeltaCad website. However we operate with their goodwill and permission but otherwise have no other affiliation with that company other than the fact that we all use their DeltaCad software package.
Thank you very much to all of the following recent donors for contributing towards the funding of our upcoming 2015-2016 paid hosting renewal fee:

- Bill "wiliamj", $50.00
 - Gerrey, "ghStewart", $5.00

Goal to be met prior to 06/27/2015  is:

$71.28 (US dollars)

Actual estimated funds available prior to any fees imposed by my banking institution and after PayPal's transaction fees are deducted and based on today's current exchange rates for any AUD/EUR/CAN funds that have been recieved) is:

$51.54 (US dollars) (as shown on my PayPal account - as of 3/18/2015 - the date of this post)

Kudos to all of the previous donors that have contributed so generously towards keeping this website on paid hosting since 12/28/2011, when I first moved it over from free hosting to paid hosting, and have since covered our annual fees up to our next due date of 06/27/2015.

- John, "jw48"
 - Chris, "i44troll"
 - Chris, "The Boss"

FYI: This post will be updated and edited to include any new donor contributions and the actual funds available, as shown on PayPal.
Please note that such edits WILL NOT cause this thread or post to be recognized by our forum software package to be displayed as a 'new post' or 'thread' to any that have already viewed it. Therefore you may want to check this thread & post occasionally to see if it has been edited and/or updated.
I have made this thread a 'sticky one' so that it will be relatively easy to follow.