Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can DeltaCAD do this?
First the most frustrating thing for me is using the scroll bars to move the viewpoint. I wish I could use the arrow keys, or even a hand tool that can grab part of the screen and then I can drag it to move the view - like what they have in Adobe Acrobat.

Second I wish there was a partial erase function, that only erases the part of a line up until it hits an intersection. Lets say you draw a circle, and then draw a straight line through it. You could use this tool to delete one half of the circle, up until it reaches the straight line.

Do these functions already exist in DeltaCAD? I'm new so I really don't know. But if not, I wish they could get added.

Thanks for your time.
Alright I figured out how to use Ctrl + mouse scroll and Shift + mouse scroll in order to move the view, so that helps. Now I just wish I had a better erase function so I could more easily fix all my newbish mistakes. It sucks having to delete and redraw an entire line because one end of it sticks out somewhere.
Iofhua,

To erase just part of a line go to EDIT, Split line...., (the line with a dot in the middle, at the end of the buttons), select the line, choose where you want to split the line and left click. The line is now in two pieces, delete which ever section you wish.
The 'Slide an endpoint (Ctrl-D)'  function will let you "Trim" or remove the unwanted part of a Line or a partial ARC to another object or a cursor position but it won't work on a full Circle, the Circle has to be 'split' 1st.  The "Create a corner (Ctrl-L)' function will also join the intersection of two objects, (2 Lines, 2 Arcs, or a Line and an Arc) but not a full Circle.