Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Z" not working any more?
I have installed the latest patch.
Has anyone noticed the Z order button does not seem to work any more. I have not used it for a while, don't know when it stopped working.
But it used to hide the view of a line, object, shape behind an other one if dropped down in its order.
No problem here Axel. I'm running Deltacad ver 8 on my new win 8.1 laptop with the latest patch.

Chris
(08-11-2015, 09:07 AM)i44troll Wrote: No problem here Axel. I'm running Deltacad ver 8 on my new win 8.1 laptop with the latest patch.

Chris
So if you create a hatched shape, draw a long line across, then use Z down to drop the line behind the shape and you will not see the line on top of the shape, just the legs from the line not covered by the shape?
That is how I think it should work. Not on my program, running XP.
Wink 
Axel,
You are right! Unfortunately I RARELY use a hatch pattern. I prefer to use solid shades, so I wouldn't have known the difference. If you are used to the hatch hiding object lines you may want to contact Midnight software and be personally responsible for the next patch they put out.  Big Grin

Chris
(08-11-2015, 01:34 PM)i44troll Wrote: Axel,
You are right! Unfortunately I RARELY use a hatch pattern. I prefer to use solid shades, so I wouldn't have known the difference. If you are used to the hatch hiding object lines you may want to contact Midnight software and be personally responsible for the next patch they put out.  Big Grin

Chris

Thanks i44troll, I will try that, not holding my breath.
As for the $20 I just gave your $10 to this website,
not sure now if technically you owe me $10 or I owe you $10,
but in any case there is no money coming your way now :-)
I ran it on Deltacad 3.1 patch 6/8/1999 and a line shows up behind a cross hatched shaped.  But a line is hidden behind a filled shape.
Same as version 8.0 patch 7/27/2015.

According to the Deltacad user guide:

Quote:Move to the top of the Z - Order

This function is used to move an object to the top of the Z-order. The Z-order is the order which objects are stacked on top of each other. In the left figure below the square is at the top of the Z-order and the star is at the bottom. In the right figure below the star is at the top of the Z-order and the square is at the bottom. This function is used mostly with overlapping filled objects. 
 It doesn't mention Hatching.

Also if you create two thick lines of different colors crossing each other, you can see which line is on top and if you change the z-order the other line is then on top.
(08-12-2015, 11:49 PM)AlwMVMO Wrote: I ran it on Deltacad 3.1 patch 6/8/1999 and a line shows up behind a cross hatched shaped.  But a line is hidden behind a filled shape.
Same as version 8.0 patch 7/27/2015.

According to the Deltacad user guide:

Quote:Move to the top of the Z - Order

This function is used to move an object to the top of the Z-order. The Z-order is the order which objects are stacked on top of each other. In the left figure below the square is at the top of the Z-order and the star is at the bottom. In the right figure below the star is at the top of the Z-order and the square is at the bottom. This function is used mostly with overlapping filled objects. 
 It doesn't mention Hatching.

Also if you create two thick lines of different colors crossing each other, you can see which line is on top and if you can the z-order the other line is then on top.
Thanks all for responding, it is getting clearer now, I guess I expected too much, in any case not such a big deal.
Good Day!

I have a CAD package called nanoCAD, an AutoCAD clone, and it does the same thing with a hatch.  I used a hatch of parallel diagonal lines and the thick red line I drew can be seen behind the hatch.  This sort of makes sense as the hatch is only a set of lines and not a solid fill and is not treated as a solid.

Carl