Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technical Issue How do I turn off apple Quick Type?
Hello, I have recently up graded to Apple's El Capitan and now have the problem of  a Quick Type drop down box appearing when I press the escape key to end a function, like after moving an object.

Instead of ending a function, the letter “I” is entered in the Data Entry Line.

In addition to the letter “I” (which is highlighted), the following words appear in a vertical presentation:

I, The, I’m, You, It, My, But, This, If, It’s, And, So, A, In, Just, He, We, That, What, When

I have tried to disable this without success.  The only answer so far is to press the escape twice when it shows up but I find this a to be a nuisance .  I guess that other people have found this problem so has anyone found a way to disable it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Mickbeeza
I don't have an Apple, so I don't know if this will work for you.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7398997?start=0&tstart=0

What happens if you don't hit the ESCAPE key?
I sometimes click on another tab such as the EDIT tab to end a SELECT function or click the SELECT OBJECT button [S] to select a different object.
Good Day!

I did some looking and found that to turn off Quick Type you have to turn of auto-correction.

It also appears that many were having Esc key issues with AutoCAD.  These individuals had Photoshop running in the background and when the shut it off the Esc key worked.

Carl
Thanks to MlwMVMO and Mysundial for your suggestions,  I have had a go at turning off auto correct and anything else that looked like it might affect this but no luck.  The escape key was a good idea right from the beginning but for apple to use it for as a command key seems a bit daft.  When I Google this problem it seems other DeltaCad users have the same trouble and it annoys users of other programs.  I'll keep looking.  I have found that pressing ctrl and esc gets a beep but does the job.
Cheers
mickbeeza