Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned at login
I received the following message on attempting to login today:

"I'm sorry, but you are banned. You may not post, read threads, or access the forum. Please contact your forum administrator should you have any questions."

This is because I use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and it seems someone didn't like the look of my proxy.  When I disabled the VPN, or used a different proxy, all was well. Reproducible, so perhaps security has been tightened recently as this hasn't happened before.

Worth bearing in mind if you're faced with a general ban at login.
Thanks for the heads up John.
I got that message when I tried to get on the forum with my new Tracfone Android phone.
I wonder how many people try to get on with their smartphones and tablets.
'contact your forum adminstrator'. Very helpful when you can't login to contact the forum administrator.  Hang on, that's me or Chris, and I can't log in !  Help, what do I do?

These outfits apply so many security restrictions that they start to inconvenience their paying customers. The banks are the same. Nowadays, every other transaction on my debit card seems to prompt a time-wasting security check, with some humourless flunkey on the phone from their fraud department asking damn-fool questions.  In effect, they are incapable of creating their own secure environment so they dump the problem on their customers.