Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawing dissapears when it is saved.
If I scale a drawing by selecting - Select - then select the drawing by putting a box around it - Sc - type in 0.65 - Enter - Save as - give the drawing a new name - Save, when I open the drawing again, it is blank.

The drawing has a size, 30.1 KB, but it does not come up on preview and the file does not display at all.

How do I recover the work?
Does this occur every time ?
Did you do a "View All" (Ctrl-A) ?
Make a 1.0" circle and do a "View All"
If it disappears or becomes very small in the middle of the screen you might have an object very far from the rest of the drawing.
Look at the Scale at the bottom of the screen, it shouldn't be very large.
Check under "Options - Drawing Init Size and Pos . . ." and see what the "Scale" is. Should be 0 (zero).
Did you put Objects in a Group?

If you can't get it back:
Can you email the drawing or a test drawing that does the same thing to the "Contact Us" address at the bottom of the Forum?

Thank you
DeltaCad User's Group staff
Hello AlwMVMO,

I asked for technical help from the Contact Us link before I found the forum and they came back to me with a solution.  The mail is pasted below:

"You have accidentally drawn something way out in space.  This causes your drawing to zoom way out when you open it.

I clicked on one the the five bookmark buttons at the bottom of the DeltaCad window.  This takes you to the 0,0 position, with a view scale of 1.0.  Then I could see your drawing.

Then I picked "Select All" on the Edit menu (this selected everything, including any objects way out in space).   Then I held down the CTRL key (to toggle selection), and used the first toolbar button on the Select toolbar tab to select your actual drawing.  Since the CTRL key was down it toggled the selection.  So now, only the objects way out in space were selected.  Then I used the Er button on the Select toolbar tab to erase them.

See attached.

Sincerely yours,

Midnight Software, Inc."

I took the easy route, clicked on a bookmark button in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, clicked on 'Select' in the toolbar, selected the entire drawing, copied it, opened a new page and pasted the drawing with a new name.  Then I simply deleted the drawing on which I made the mistake.

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.
The DeltaCad User's Group is not affiliated with Midnight Software. 
We are just a group of volunteers helping and sharing DeltaCad information.
So any answers they gave you we wouldn't know about them.
Glad you were able to recover your drawing.

Alan
Thank you Alan, I did not realize that.  I was a bit panicky because this happened to four drawings and it represented several days worth of work.  Nevertheless, all is well that ends well. 

Thanks again and, as time allows, I will visit the forum and see what is happening.  I am sure that a lot can be learned here.
If you haven't already, check out our website by clicking on the banner at the top of the Forum.
We have member submitted files, tutorials and links to other helpful websites.