Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grouped objects disappearing
Ive been using delta cad for about a year now and have found it to be incredibly easy to use and have had no issues until now. For some reason when I view a drawing and objects that have been grouped get cut off when scrolling around the screen. Its almost like they're only visible when they're in there top left quadrant of the screen. I use the program to draw a lot of gears. If I draw one and leave it as is and don't group all the parts that make it up, its unaffected by the problem. But if I group the object to make it easier to move around and select, it either gets partially cut out or disappears all together. Just depends on where it is on the screen.
I attached an image of an object. It was completely visible until it was grouped, now its only partially visible.
I have no idea why this started to happen, but its very frustrating.
Any help would be much appreciated.

This is an interesting link to disappearing groups when layering is in use. Doesn't explain the partial loss of entities, though.

http://www.deltacadusersgroup.org/Forums/showthread.php?tid=316&pid=1152#pid1152
Yeah, Im at a complete loss. No idea why this started happening. I guess I'll be looking for a new CAD program.
That would be a shame, but in the absence of more detail about your problem (for example, such as whether you're using layers), I can't personally offer much more and despite best efforts haven't been able to reproduce it.  Perhaps some other DCUG member has seen this happen and could help.

Midnight Software Support will advise you, I'm sure, but they'll almost certainly need your .dc file.

Regards
John
Open up the sample file GEARS.dc, it has groups in it. If it doesn't work right either, you might have to reload DeltaCAD.
If GEARS.dc works alright you might try to copy each GROUP of your file to a new CAD file, the original file might have gotten corrupted.
Your computer could have memory or video issues.
It certainly would be a shame, I'm a huge fan of this program. But it seems to be affecting every file. Even when I opened the sample file like suggested. As for issues with my computer, Id be very upset if That were the case, it's barely a month old.
Did you contact Midnight Software? 
DeltaCad Users Group is not affiliated with them, you can contact them yourself here:> Midnight Software Contact

Did you try reinstalling DeltaCad? Or install the DEMO version on another computer.
Did you try opening a 'NEW' DeltaCad file then SELECT each GROUP from the old file and copy them to the new file?
Ill be contacting them. Ive tried everything that I could think of. Im not very familiar with CAD other than what I've taught myself and after messing around with a few others that offered free trials, Im not a big fan of any of them. But I was able to open my files through TurboCAD with no issues so everything isn't a complete loss and the files don't seem to be corrupted.
I tried reinstalling DeltaCAD and there was no difference. Even in a new drawing once something is grouped its effected by this issue. Hopefully Midnight Software can offer some solution.
Appreciate the feedback.
Well, after trying everything I could think of and talking with Midnight Software, there doesn't seem to be a solution. I hope no one else runs into this problem because it pretty much makes the program useless.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  defining grouped object base point to pivot jlscheele 1 1,882 01-03-2017, 01:18 AM
Last Post: AlwMVMO