Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to evenly distribute
Is there a command to evenly distribute objects between two known points?
Go to the Point tab and use the [Draw mid-points] button to make evenly spaced points from the first point to the last point.
If you type in 3 mid-points then you will get 3 points between the 2 original points giving you 5 points total.
Then SELECT the objects and Copy/Move from a starting point to the new points.
(10-04-2017, 02:25 PM)AlwMVMO Wrote: Go to the Point tab and use the [Draw mid-points] button to make evenly spaced points from the first point to the last point.
If you type in 3 mid-points then you will get 3 points between the 2 original points giving you 5 points total.
Then SELECT the objects and Copy/Move from a starting point to the new points.

Thank-you for taking the time to explain this. Works like a charm!
Actually I haven't done this until today, I had to experiment a little to see how it worked.  I learn more from answering questions.
I agree the best way to learn is by working with the program, but sometimes it is just faster to ask.

Most of my drawings to date has been with Microsoft word. It is very basic but effective for what I needed. For instance if you want to evenly distribute a number of objects you place the first and last object where you want them and then select all of the objects and click the "distribute horizontal" button. done. I am surprised this command is not available in DeltaCad.

Also in MS Word a"spline" can be edited much more effectively or so it seems.

Thanks again.
I gave instructions how to makes points between two random points.

Another method if you already know how far apart you want to space your objects is:

1. Click on SELECT tab
 2. Select your objects
 3. Click [COPY] button
 4. Click [Move selected objects] button
 5. For the Offset value type in your X spacing value then a comma then the Y spacing. Negative values are allowed to go left or down.
     For horizontal for example:  3.14, 0   or   -1.234,0
     For vertical     for example:  0, 5.31   or   0,-5.4321
     For diagonal   for example:   6.25, 6.25    or    -8.91, 3.26     or    1.25, -6.15
 6. Press ENTER key to get one copy and keep pressing ENTER key to get more copies at the same spacing.

And you can change your spacing and direction by typing in different values.
The rotate selected objects feature works similarly but you need to set center base point to rotate around. 
(10-06-2017, 05:50 PM)AlwMVMO Wrote: I gave instructions how to makes points between two random points.

Another method if you already know how far apart you want to space your objects is:

1. Click on SELECT tab
 2. Select your objects
 3. Click [COPY] button
 4. Click [Move selected objects] button
 5. For the Offset value type in your X spacing value then a comma then the Y spacing. Negative values are allowed to go left or down.
     For horizontal for example:  3.14, 0   or   -1.234,0
     For vertical     for example:  0, 5.31   or   0,-5.4321
     For diagonal   for example:   6.25, 6.25    or    -8.91, 3.26     or    1.25, -6.15
 6. Press ENTER key to get one copy and keep pressing ENTER key to get more copies at the same spacing.

And you can change your spacing and direction by typing in different values.
The rotate selected objects feature works similarly but you need to set center base point to rotate around. 

Yes, I am familiar with that method and it is in the user manual as well. This would be fine for a few objects, but any error in the offset distance is multiplied many times with many objects.