Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Webpage headers
Got all the webpage headers changed to the 3D look even all the Submitted File pages.
By the way I did use DeltaCad to create them, but I used Paint to color them, I could have used filled shapes but that would have been a lot of extra work.

One thing I don't understand is if I make a change to a JPEG file then upload back to the host, the change doesn't show up unless I give the JPEG a different name and change the HTML file to use that new name.  Then the change shows up.  Sad  Sad 

P.S. Pressing CTRL-F5 refresh makes changes to the JPEG show up.  Just a plain F5 refresh just isn't enough.
Al,

Nice work. 8 )

As far as the font you used goes... did you use an outlined font and color the interior or did you modify the font in DeltaCad?

I only ask because I've been working (on and off) on altering the font in DeltaCad for the very same effect, an outlined font that can have a colored interior. Once changed it will no longer be a font but a grouped object.
I didn't check to see if there was a downloadable font that had a 3D look that would work on a webpage, 
it would have saved a lot of work.
Al, for images I use the PNG file format and I've expierienced no image loss or degredation.

As for outlined text in DeltaCad...

Select desired letter.
 Group letter.
 Copy and move.
 Select one, click Edit, select Edit and convert to lines (I choose 16 for max number of segments in arcs
 for smoother lines.).
 Save changes.
 Select other letter.
 Group letter.
 Select this letter, click Edit, select Edit and choose desired color, save changes.
 Place outlined letter over colored letter and group

You now have an outline letter with colored infill.
williamj:

Another thing that you could do with your method to keep a good spacing between the letters would be:
1. Type in all your letters and then convert them to arcs.
2. Type each letter one at a time (a separate text entry for each letter).
3. Move the single typed letter behind each converted outlined letter.
4. Make a copy of the typed letter and move it up and over a certain amount to give it a shadow effect and change it to a different color such as Grey.
5. Use Z order to put the front colored letter under the outlined letter and the back colored letter under the front colored letter.

The back side of the letters wouldn't need outlines but there could be some way to do it, I didn't try.

I only did the 1st letter.
Example: 

I put an outline on the back shadow letter and using the Z order I got it looking good.

First I grouped the front outlines and letters together but when I copied the group to make the shadow effect the front letters went to the same color as the back letters.

So I needed to build the front and back outlines and letters separately and put them in their own groups. 
Then it would be easy to move and change each front and back parts.

I'll try to see if I can draw lines from the front outlines to the back outlines to add more depth.  They will have to be put in the front group only. Once I get the angle and length of the line all visible front outline corners should be easily constructed.
Here's a trick to align text fill to text outlines.:

Draw a horizontal line thru the text insertion point before converting the text to outlines.
Then convert the text.
Then draw vertical lines from the farthest left edge of each letter outline to the horizontal line.
Use these intersections as text insertion points for each letter, they should be pretty close.
You will have to use Z order down to put the text fill behind the outlines.

P.S.
I came across some instances where the height of the text fill did not match the text outline at certain zoom levels, but when I zoomed in they started to match up.  So this method may or may not work depending on the zoom.
All I do is...
  • Select/Copy/Move desired letter (letter 1) X distance (letter 2)
  • Select letter one, change to desired color
  • Edit/Edit/Convert to Lines letter 2 (change color if desired)
  • Group letter 2
  • Select letter 2 moved back X distance over letter 1
  • Group both letter 1 and letter 2
  • Finished
What I'm trying to figure out now is how to maintain a proportional spacing, for both upper and lower case characters, to match a line of text that was keyed in.