Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scaling
I see that an imported image may be scaled differently on the x and y axis. Is it also possible to do this on a grouped object? 
I don't see anyway to scale the X and Y differently of CAD entities (points, lines, circles, shapes, splines, texts, dimensions and groups).  
Unless you export to a JPEG or BMP and reimport and rescale but then it wouldn't be a CAD drawing anymore.

I suppose a macro could be written to scale points, lines and circles and maybe an option to scale the length and width of a circle to create an ellipse.  But arcs, shapes and splines would be a little harder and texts and dimensions would be extremely hard or nearly impossible.
(10-30-2017, 12:16 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: I don't see anyway to scale the X and Y differently of CAD entities (points, lines, circles, shapes, splines, texts, dimensions and groups).  
Unless you export to a JPEG or BMP and reimport and rescale but then it wouldn't be a CAD drawing anymore.

I suppose a macro could be written to scale points, lines and circles and maybe an option to scale the length and width of a circle to create an ellipse.  But arcs, shapes and splines would be a little harder and texts and dimensions would be extremely hard or nearly impossible.

Thanks. Ive done the export thing and used MS paint to scale the exported image. This would be something that would be very useful to me especially for tracing images.