Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technical Issue Ghost Lines
While working on drawings there are ghost lines that constantly show up and change in orientation as the drawing is zoomed in and out. They are annoying, but I can live with them while drawing, but they also show up when printing. The only way I have found to eliminate them is to set a print area at a zoom level where the ghost lines are not showing, but this is not always possible. Is there a way to completely eliminate them? TIA

Todd
The drawing database could have gotten corrupted. 
Midnight Software might be able to clean it up for you.
Here is their < Contact Page >
(11-26-2017, 12:16 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: =======================================================================
I still think the drawing database could have gotten corrupted. 
Midnight Software might be able to clean it up for you.
Here is their < Contact Page >
=======================================================================

I didn't explain this properly. The ghost lines cannot be selected. When zooming in or out they appear to connect ends of drawn lines and they disappear and reappear in different places as you zoom in or out or moving around the drawing. I first thought it was a quirk of the software and lived with it until I saw that they also appear when printing (What You See Is What You Get). see attached sketch.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I inquired about this at Deltacad and I am happy to report this has been fixed. The patch can be found on the deltacad site and it is patch 8. That this was addressed so quickly is impressive.

I sent the inquiry yesterday and deltacad responded last night (Sunday night) asking for the file and I received the email today telling me there was a repair patch added to the website. This is exceptional service.........above and beyond actually.

Todd
Thanks for that, Todd. Nice work.
John