Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the....! Program crashed
My drawing was complete and ready to print when disaster struck.  The program crashed.  Windows closed it, but when I reopened it, there was a recover option which
I accepted.  I retrieved the drawing but then lost it.  I think I should have saved the recovered file but didn't.  Any way to recover what I lost?
Once you open a recovery file and then exit DeltaCad normally without saving, the drawing it is gone.
If you never gave it a name and exit DeltaCad normally, the drawing it is gone.
Try to make it a habit of saving a drawing yourself every few minutes or after a drawing something complex that you really don't want to lose.

I noticed DeltaCad doesn't ask to save a recovery drawing when exiting if you don't make any changes after recovery. Is that what happened to you?
Yes, that's what happened.  Thank you for your help.  I was able to reproduce the drawing without too much trouble.
Midnight Software is going to fix DeltaCad in the next patch to ask to save the drawing after a recovery.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educate me... Program crashed and dimensions changed when file reopened petergraf 2 2,250 05-06-2017, 11:25 PM
Last Post: AlwMVMO
  Program Crashed Mark Chase 2 3,630 02-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Admin 1