Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V6 Metric Drawing
Greetings All

I have had version 6 for many years now and have had to convert most things from metric measurements to Imperial so I was able to draw them and email off the .DXF file to have laser cut.

Is there a simple way to make this program Metric

I will try to add a screen shot that may tell me if I am on the right track or not.

Most drawings I draw at the default scale that I presume is 1:1 now the scale will be 25.4:1 or have I confused myself Sad 

regards
Rod 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Set Drawing Scale screenshot is a lot different than Version 8 so I don't know if it will work the same.
In Version 8 just changing the units from Inches to Millimeters changes the dimensions and the values of the line lengths.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the reply

Yes I can see how version 8 is different, you have the option to change the units from Inches to Metric

On another note, is there any idea if there will be a Version 9 & if so how far off is it
DeltaCad Users Group isn't affiliated with Midnight Software, the creator of DeltaCad, so we don't know of any plans for another version.
But if there are bug fixes or small enhancements, they do issue free Patches occasionally.

The last patch for version 6 was 1/11/2009. If your Version is older than this you could download it to see if it would help you.
The version date for DeltaCad is in the About under the Help menu.
DeltaCad Patch >

Or it could be worth it to upgrade to Version 8, especially if you are using it for a business. 
DeltaCad Upgrade >

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educate me... Drawing in metric c1sanford 4 2,185 04-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Last Post: c1sanford