Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technical Issue preformance problems
I receantly downloaded DeltaCad 8 and when drawing splines it takes a long time to render them. It's so slow they are almost useless. I had the same problem on version 7 which I thought upgrading would help, but it did not. If I remember correctly version 6 had no problems in this area, Is there a setting in the program that can be changed to improve this problem or could it be my computer. Please advise
You will need to contact Midnight Software at <DeltaCad at Midnight Software>
as DeltaCad User's Group is an independent group not associated with the developer of DeltaCad. 

You will probably need to give them your computer specs (Processor, speed, memory, video, ect.), a copy of the CAD file with the spline.
(12-07-2018, 01:20 PM)AlwMVMO Wrote: You will need to contact Midnight Software at <DeltaCad at Midnight Software>
as DeltaCad User's Group is an independent group not associated with the developer of DeltaCad. 

You will probably need to give them your computer specs (Processor, speed, memory, video, ect.), a copy of the CAD file with the spline.

Does anyone know how to get ahold of the people at Midnight Software? I've tried the contact e-mail on the DeltaCad web site multiple times. The troubleshooting e-mail in the PDF manual does not work . Has anyone actually got a response from them that doesn't involve taking your money. After using this software for over 10 years the one time I could use customer support they have vanished. If anyone has gotten any kind of technical response from them please say so I know there is more there than just a machine.
That's disappointing. On the few occasions I've needed to contact them in the past I've always had a quick response.  I don't think it's a very big company - perhaps they're just on vacation.  No other suggestions, I'm afraid.

John
I finally stumbled onto an answer for my problem. I am visually impaired so I use Windows Magnifier and found when it was turned off the splines rendered great, almost instantaneously. I got to looking in the magnifier's settings and there was a setting for smoothing edges. When I turned this off the problem went away. I just discovered this a few minutes ago so I hope it continues to work. I hope if anyone else comes upon this problem this will help them.
Thank you for reporting this, redwoodtree12

I've put your query and solution in the Hints and Tips section (with due ackowledgment, of course!) as it's something that as far as I know has not been reported before.

John