Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade or Not?
I have version 6. I like it for my somewhat simple woodworking needs. I recently exported a dxf file to have some tops with holes/slots made and the CNC router guy had to redraw it. Holes were oval - off by 0.001” and slots had no connection between lines and end radius.

Is version 8 much better with dxf?

Did they change the commands for zoom/pan from v6. My v8 trial seems to be changed.

Thanks

Mike
Did you check your holes with the Edit function to see if the X Radius and the Y Radius are the same?
Are you using anything special like using GROUPS, SHAPES, SPLINES?
You may have to Ungroup all Groups and convert shapes and splines to lines and arcs.

Does DeltaCad v6 DXF export allow you to select different DXF versions?
DeltaCad v8 lets you export to11 different DXF versions (9, 10, 11/12, 13, 14, 2000-2002, 2004-2006, 2007-2009, 2010-2012, 2013-2017, 2018).
You may have to try different DXF versions to match your CNC Router guy's software.

According to Midnight Software:
"The DeltaCad DEMO (Trial) is a fully functional version of DeltaCad, except it will only work for 45 days."

Check the Mouse Wheel Options for v8 under the Options/Options menu for Zoom/Pan settings.

The View Menu should be about the same.

If you do upgrade make sure to use the upgrade option $29.99, not the order option $39.99.  Save $10.00
(02-15-2019, 12:01 PM)mbg Wrote: I have version 6. I like it for my somewhat simple woodworking needs. I recently exported a dxf file to have some tops with holes/slots made and the CNC router guy had to redraw it. Holes were oval - off by 0.001” and slots had no connection between lines and end radius.

Is version 8 much better with dxf?

Did they change the commands for zoom/pan from v6. My v8 trial seems to be changed.

Thanks

Mike

I found you have to be careful which option you use to export to DXF, squares can become rather (very) round so I have to check dxf the by re-importing it.
But this is different because your problem appears to be a tolerance problem.
Why don't you try re-importing the dxf to check!
Also check it with LibreCAD (a freeware CAD package) to see if it is any different.
You never know if people are telling ...
AlanC