Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise me... Print/export in 100% scale
Sorry if this is a (too) basic question, I have read the Delta Cad FAQ in order to print in 100% scale but I simply does not understand the procedure :-)

I have a Delta Cad file that I am going to cut using a Glowforge laser cutter but that does not use .dxf files so I need to export the file either to .jpg or .pdf

But when I do this it somehow makes the image smaller in order to fit a A4 paper but I would like to print/export in 100% scale...

Any hints for a newbie like me in the wonderful world of CAD :-)

Cheers!
/Rikard
If you are using the 'Set Print Region' feature make sure you are first Selecting as close to the objects you want to print.
Try nudging the Print Scale by the percent amount to make it bigger (example: an object is 3.000 and it is printing 2.750 then scale by 2.75 divided by 3.0 = .9167).

ALSO:
You may have to find your Mac OS printer settings and see if there is a margin setting or a setting for borderless printing.
Your JPG or PDF app may have some settings to adjust the scaling.
You may have to print it to two pages and tape them together.
(02-07-2022, 10:56 PM)AlwMVMO Wrote: If you are using the 'Set Print Region' feature make sure you are first Selecting as close to the objects you want to print.
Try nudging the Print Scale by the percent amount to make it bigger (example: an object is 3.000 and it is printing 2.750 then scale by 2.75 divided by 3.0 = .9167).

ALSO:
You may have to find your Mac OS printer settings and see if there is a margin setting or a setting for borderless printing.
Your JPG or PDF app may have some settings to adjust the scaling.
You may have to print it to two pages and tape them together.

Thanks a million!

Set Print Range helped, it still does not export/print exactly to 100% but I guess that is due to the fact that it is really hard selecting really close to round objects Smile

But I have found a function in the software for the laser cutter where I can set the correct size! But it helped a lot with the Set Print Region hint as I did not get a lot of "space" around the object Smile

Now I have another problem but I will open a new thread regarding that....

Thanks again!
/Rikard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No DXF or DWG ability in save as or export sonofdoc 2 3,252 09-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Admin 1
  Problem with Export From Screen To File function in V7.0 DeltaCAD4ME 6 5,904 12-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Admin 1