Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Need help with exporting as .dwg file
I often am sent dwg files to me and I can open them in my Deltacad software. I can then pull dimensions from them and add lines etc.

I want to know if I can export as a dwg or dxf file so my friend with Autocad 2000 can read it . We have tried to save it as dwg and dxf and email it like that but his Autocad says it was created by an incompatible version.

Are there any ideas on how I can export to Autocad?

Thanks
oldgascar,

First, let me welcome you to the group!

When you save as DXF or DWG you will have a dialog box that pops up to allow you to choose between saving as line entity types or line weights. At the very top you will see a drop down box with 2004,2005,2006 displayed. Simply open the drop down box and choose 2000 to save in the correct file format. Hope this works.

Chris (i44Troll)
Thanks, I will try it later today.

Big Grin
Thanks Chris, That worked perfectly.!!!!!!!!

Have a great day,

Merry Christmas

Bob
Bob - "oldgascar",

I have edited out the redundant, unneeded quotes and removed your last duplicate reply in this thread.

To prevent quoting a post, when it isn't needed, please use the large "NEW REPLY" button at the bottom of the thread.

Thanks and welcome to the group.Smile
Hi! I had the same problem, but the tip didn't help me. In my drop box I do not have 2000 as an option, I've got 2000/2001/2002 and when I pick that it still won't work. What to do??? I'm running DC7.
Regards
Nick
What Autocad version are you trying to open it with?
To be honest... I don't know. It's for a workmate. But the problem occurs when i attempt to "save as".
Deltacad won't let me save as anything other than a .dc
It tells me:
"deltadwg thrown.....", "cannot code such and such a file".

To me it sounds as if i've accidentally thrown some file out. But I can't see that that couldv'e happened.

Thanks
Nick
In that case there is nothing we can do for you on this end. If you feel that your Deltacad installation has been damaged you need to reinstall the software and try again. If you continue to have errors you should call or email Midnight software with the problem.

Chris "i44troll"
Nick,

Are you sure you're not using an expired demo version of DeltaCad and/or that your DeltaCad version is up-to-date per the latest patch?

[i]FYI: Although your latest question is 'on-topic', it is recommend that you start a new thread for continued discussion.

The reason being, is that older posts contained within this thread may not be currently valid due to ever changing software updates & upgrades and I don't want any new or future members to get misled or confused.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused Saving/Exporting Individual Layers??? Signdude 3 2,141 04-22-2019, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Signdude
  Loosing CROSS-HATCH when saving/exporting Bill Bagge 5 4,838 11-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Post: williamj