Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loosing CROSS-HATCH when saving/exporting
Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas on the following 2 problems?

I have created a simple cross hatched are within a circle. When I save or export as a ".DWG" and then open the file the circle is fine but the cross hatch is not visible. I believe it is there because when I select in the area it is truing to pick it up. 

Also when reopening a  DELTA CAD DRAWING file that contains the same cross hatched circle, everything is visible but the tool bar for "line type" no longer will contain the cross hatch option

Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

The bug is exactly as you described. When I tried it (as you described) I had the same results.

My only thought is that the DWG file format may not allow for some of the line types that DeltaCad uses. When trying to cross over from one file format to another somethings are universal and some are not. A lot of drawing programs can use the DWG file format but all of the bells and whistles for each of those programs do not work with the other programs that can utilize the DWG format.

At least that's what I'm thinking at the moment. If I'm incorrect I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me. You might want to contact Midnight Software and see of they can give you a better answer or even correct the situation.
(10-31-2015, 11:43 AM)williamj Wrote: Hi Bill,

The bug is exactly as you described. When I tried it (as you described) I had the same results.

My only thought is that the DWG file format may not allow for some of the line types that DeltaCad uses. When trying to cross over from one file format to another somethings are universal and some are not. A lot of drawing programs can use the DWG file format but all of the bells and whistles for each of those programs do not work with the other programs that can utilize the DWG format.

At least that's what I'm thinking at the moment. If I'm incorrect I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me. You might want to contact Midnight Software and see of they can give you a better answer or even correct the situation.

Thanks William J for checking this out for me so quickly. I was thinking that might be the case.  I'll wait for a couple more responses and then call Midnight  Software if not resolved If solved I will post....Thanks again, Bill 
Shapes also lose their cross hatching in both DWG and DXF.  Also they are converted to single lines, they lose their shape status which is needed to be able to cross hatch.

You might have to draw your own cross hatching pattern with lines and trim them to the circle.
As for your 2nd problem, I get the cross hatch option everywhere, (Circle, Shapes, Options-Options)

p.s.
Deltacad uses the Open Design Alliance DWG specification.
The DWG specification can be downloaded from the Open Design Alliance at http://www.opendesign.com Downloads tab.
But it probably won't help you because the DWG file is mostly in binary format which is impossible to read in a text editor.
(11-01-2015, 12:16 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: Shapes also lose their cross hatching in both DWG and DXF.  Also they are converted to single lines, they lose their shape status which is needed to be able to cross hatch.

You might have to draw your own cross hatching pattern with lines and trim them to the circle.
As for your 2nd problem, I get the cross hatch option everywhere, (Circle, Shapes, Options-Options)

p.s.
Deltacad uses the Open Design Alliance DWG specification.
The DWG specification can be downloaded from the Open Design Alliance at http://www.opendesign.com Downloads tab.
But it probably won't help you because the DWG file is mostly in binary format which is impossible to read in a text editor.
Thanks for the help! I just also received a response from Midnight Software that was like yours given in the following:
Cross hatching is not part of the .dxf file format, so any file that contains cross-hatching will not save it.

If you really need cross hatching and a .dxf file, you will need to draw the lines using the parallel line function and the slide an endpoint function.

Sincerely yours,

Midnight Software, Inc
Thanks for the clarifications guys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused Saving/Exporting Individual Layers??? Signdude 3 2,144 04-22-2019, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Signdude
Question Loosing line weight info when converting .dc to .dxf Dirk 3 4,343 05-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Last Post: AlwMVMO
  Need help with exporting as .dwg file oldgascar 9 9,799 11-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Admin 1
  Cross Hatching kestrel0222 4 4,778 11-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Last Post: cheez