Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Vista Users and Layering Problems
This is not just for moderators to answer but all users who are using Deltacad7 under the Vista 64-bit operating system.
I think I may have found a problem with version 7 while using the layering feature. Everytime I use a symbol in a layer other than the default layer the symbol will be drawn in the DEFAULT layer instead! I have to have both layers open in order to view what I am drawing (pasteing), then I have to select and move that selection to the correct layer.Angry
Is anybody having this problem? I dont remember having this problem with XP.Huh
I know that Chrisv22 is using Vista 32 Bit. Do you have the same problem as well?Huh
Of course, it may be a compatability issue with Vista since that seems to be the underlying reason why most people refuse to use Vista.

Chris
Well,

I have found the reason for the problemBig Grin. Found it in the options menu.

options/options/pasting options/ (dialog box)    

This dialog box gives you the choice of either pasting to the default layer or your current layer.

Although I am happy that I have found the solution to my problem, I cannot, for the life of me, understand the logic behind thisExclamation! Why wouldn't I want to paste into the layer that I am working onHuh? Well, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it anywaySleepy.

Chris
Thanks,
David Crocker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Group" Layering Malfunction (answer to this problem REVEALED!) i44troll 4 5,447 01-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Last Post: i44troll