Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
adding points to shapes
Thanx Woltz! I will report this immediately and post the response from Midnight Software, so prepare for yet another patch to come out. In the meantime, as soon as you acknowledge this post I will move it to the appropriate forum so you don't lose the thread.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It would be a good idea for you to "mark all forums read" at this point (bottom right on "board statistics" in the main index, since you probably don't plan on reading the content of all forums anyway) this way any new post that comes out will be freshly marked. Alternatively using "view new posts" at the top left "welcome header" will filter new posts as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
REPORTED TO MIDNIGHT SOFTWARE:

I'm reporting this on behalf of another user who has installed deltacad on a win7 OS (and has installed the 1/7/2011 patch)
user claims that if he creates a filled or hatched shape then tries to edit the shape to add points to the shape that it will not keep the added points once he selects "ok". This problem happens "at times" with Vista OS but only on added points where the coordinates have NOT been change before "ok" has been selected, otherwise, if the coordinates have been changed it will accept the change.

Chris Smith "i44troll" DeltaCad Users Group

-------------------------------------------------------------------
ANSWER: **pending**
Feb 20th, still no answer
Feb 28th, still no answer
March 30th ho-hummmm
Don't think much is going to happen at this point...........

Thanks again for the contribution!

Chris "i44troll"

Hi Woltz, Hi Chris!

Interesting discussion. Chris - between your bullets (this word used to avoid confusion over 'points') 5 and 6 you seem to say that the inserted point becomes visible ('highlighted') at this stage. I've tried this on both XP and W7 and in both cases the points cannot be made visible until the very end of the operation when editing is complete. So the edit box shows that the point has been inserted, but while the edit box is visible the point can't be seen.

Not trying to throw a spanner in the works, just curious to see if we're seeing the same thing.

John
(02-06-2011, 11:00 AM)jw48 Wrote: I've tried this on both XP and W7 and in both cases the points cannot be made visible until the very end of the operation when editing is complete.
Correct! I didn't want Woltz to click out of the dialog box until I was ready for him to do so. I was just letting him know what was supposed to happen at that time. The problem exists once the box is closed! The points as well as the coordinates are disappearing as though they were never added. If these points were actually added all the user would have to do is hover over the object line while in edit mode to see all the points, including those that have been added. Since I don't have Win7 I can't emulate the same problem but have experienced similar problems with vanishing points if those included points weren't given other coordinates.

Chris "i44troll"
Thanks Chris, move at will!
John, What Chris was referencing was the highlighted coords in the list after clicking "Insert", the highlighted set is the newest set.
Peace,
Woltz
Woltz,

After posting 8+ times (now ranking 12th top poster in the group) I believe introductions are in order! Tell us about yourself here.

Let us know what your interests are and what you use DC for.

Chris "i44troll"
Hi, woltz and Chris

Thanks for the clarifications!

Regards
John