Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trouble With Symbols
Sparky,

In the past you probably didn't have to use your symbols on such a large layout. Remember when you said......
Quote:....What I also found is that if I open existing files I've had for years and add a symbol, it works....
They worked because you had always used 1:1 scale in the past.
----------------------------------------------------------
The subject of scaling has, and will remain the most often talked about subject in this forum; just look at the number of views that each related thread gets in comparison to all others!
Scaling in DeltaCad is a bit confusing since there are so many 'scale' setting/options available that include view(zoom+/-), print(to fit on a page) & true 'drawing scale' settings.

--- Perhaps a future tutorial --- "SCALING IN DELTACAD - 101", is in order, eh, "i44troll"? -- Maybe even a new video, as your scheduled permits of course. Tongue
Perhaps, or even add/edit the stuff that's already been posted to make it better.
That's definitely an option since there's been much about scaling already posted.
Well, if I had ever come across this setting, I certainly never understood its significance. However, it just got me out of trouble!

I was trying to analyze the geometry of a special ratchet tooth form, and was having exactly the same problem with the lines appearing too thick.

'No Scale with view scale' produced the friendly thin lines I wanted.

Thanks, Chris!

John