Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macro Functions
I see there are many macro functions listed in the DeltaCad's user guide, is there a folder already holding these macros to navigate to through DeltaCad to run these functions or do I need to set them up manually ... separately ?

I hope this is the correct forum to post this too.

~ cynbel
Cynbel,

If you are wanting to run a macro that was installed when you installed Deltacad choose the Macro tab, then "run macro". You can also download macros that have been uploaded from other users. Once downloaded you simply place them in the macro folder within the Deltacad directory on your system and they will then be made accessible to you thru the macro tab using the "run macro" button. DeltaCad provides a Basic macro language to automate drawing tasks, or as a way to retrieve information from a drawing. The macro language is the familiar BASIC programming language. You have the ability to create and edit any macro you have on your system. The "Macro Help" button within the Macro tab gives help on this programming language as well.

Chris "i44troll"
Thank you for your answer.
I am asking about the macro functions listed in the user guide, I was hoping to find a folder for them in the directory but there doesn't seem to be one.
dcAddLayer is listed for example in the layer functions, but doesn't seem to be installed , neither do any of the other functions listed?

So maybe I have to add them myself?
dcaddlayer is simply a command that is interpreted by deltacads borrowed "cypress" engine once it is run as a "batch" (*.bat) macro file. The word itself is not a stand-alone executable but rather is a programming word only. I am not a macro-writer but if you open the macro tab in Deltacad then select "create new macro" a dialog box will open for you to enter your programming script. Heck....if you type dcaddlayer "cynbell" (without any other required syntax) then press the F5 function key you will have created a layer in Deltacad called "cynbell"! Try it yourself. I think that you are expecting a macro-recorder that will automate keystrokes, but you won't find that in Deltacad.

Chris "i44troll"
(03-26-2014, 12:44 PM)i44troll Wrote: The word itself is not a stand-alone executable but rather is a programming word only.

This is what I was trying to understand, thank you for your clarity on this. Now I am beginning to understand things, the functions listed in the user guide are there for only reference, to be used if a user wants to use them for writing a macro ... I think I'm getting it.

(03-26-2014, 12:44 PM)i44troll Wrote: I think that you are expecting a macro-recorder that will automate keystrokes, but you won't find that in Deltacad.

No not at all, this hadn't even entered my mind, but thanks anyway for this additional information.

Thank you again for your patience and time with answering my questions.