Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Line weight question
Hello and good evening (here anyway Big Grin)

I can change the line weight to whatever I need in the 'drawing data' window for the current drawing I'm working on, for example I can set the 'Thin' line to say 0.05 and all is good.
However, is there a way to save and preserve this adjustment for the specific drawing I'm working on so that the next time I re-open it the 'Thin' line stroke is what I previously adjusted it to ... 0.05 using my example?
Hello there

I have been visiting this forum on and off for quite some time and thought I would drop in and sign up as it were. I don't get this problem you are describing, it works fine for me on the latest version of DeltaCad, I can change the line weights and they stay the same when I close and open again drawings.

Tubby
cynbel

Whenever you save a drawing DeltaCad saves all preferences for that drawing.

If you do a lot of work using different line weights for different styles or types of drawings then you might want to create and save templates with the desired line specs.

Then just open a template for whatever type of drawing you need to do for whatever line spec and then use "save as" to save your drawing.
(04-01-2014, 03:01 PM)williamj Wrote: If you do a lot of work using different line weights for different styles or types of drawings then you might want to create and save templates with the desired line specs.

Thanks williamj, you gave me an idea with this one, using templates with predefined line weights is a great idea and is probably the way to go.

Regarding cynbels problem, if he truly is experiencing an issue with the line weights not being kept, then I think he needs to flag it up with Midnight Software, because templates or no templates as you say DeltaCad should save the last set up for them, it does for me anyway, but thanks again for the template idea I'm going to use this.To be honest I only signed up on this forum because of cynbels mention of laser cutting in another topic - it grabbed my attention because I too do a bit of it as well and its interesting to know that others are using DeltaCad for their laser cutting needs.
Well, welcome 'Tubby' and I'm glad that one of our new member's interests drew you in. Please don't be shy. We ALL learn from each-other here. None of us here are experts. Although, 'i44troll' is usually our "go-to-guy" when we do get stumped. But any member can help another, as 'williamj' has proven here. Wink

There's a reason why I consider promoting some of our members. You're both now on my 'watch list', "cynbel" & "Tubby". Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Scale question ILMOcowcalf 1 1,550 01-25-2019, 12:40 AM
Last Post: AlwMVMO
  Line Weight Display wolfspaw 1 1,573 03-05-2017, 06:48 AM
Last Post: jw48
Question Loosing line weight info when converting .dc to .dxf Dirk 3 4,343 05-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Last Post: AlwMVMO
  Scale Question deltacadnoob 3 4,323 03-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Last Post: i44troll