Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loosing line weight info when converting .dc to .dxf
Question 
Hi from Austria / Europe !

I am brand new at your user groupe and say hallo to the members !

The actual reason for my 1. post : (excuse my english please)
I created several dc drawings (house floor plans) with Deltacad rel 6.0
and saved them as .dxf files with the save option to preserve the LINE WEIGHTS which I had defined in these drawings !
As I have no plotter I need dxf files to be plotted at an external site !
Checking the dxf files there was only 1 common line weight applied for th whole drawing ...

Can some one help me how to convert dc into dxf with all LINE WEIGHT informations ?
Thank's for helping
regards dirk
Welcome to the group, dirk.

This is from DeltaCad troubleshooting:

Some plotter device drivers will draw lines too thick. To solve the line thickness problem pick Drawing Data from the Options menu and enter in a line thickness which is thinner than the pen thickness which the device driver is using (try entering 0.001"), also pick the Actual Thickness button located beneath the Line Thickness section of the Drawing Data pop-up window.

I'm not sure if this will help with exported .dxf files, but it's worth trying anyway.

Please let us know if this has helped or not.

If anyone else has any other ideas, please feel free to chime in here.
Sunny Day!

I have tried saving a dxf file of a simple drawing using three line weights. I experienced the same thing when opening these files in DeltaCad. The line weights were lost and all went to "Normal". Perhaps the writers assumed that if you were opening a file created in DeltaCad it would be saved as a dc file.

However, I also opened the same dxf file in older versions of AutoCAD and CorelDraw. Both of these drawings had the line weight retained.

If you are taking the dxf file to an external site, perhaps the software used there will open the file with the line weight intact. You will have to try this to find out. Perhaps you can load DeltaCad at the this site and just bring a dc file along.

Good luck!

Carl
If the other CAD programs has the ability to select entities by color,
you could assign different colors to different weights.
Or assign different layers to different weights.
Then put a note on the drawing telling how to change the line weights.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Line Weight Display wolfspaw 1 1,573 03-05-2017, 06:48 AM
Last Post: jw48
  Loosing CROSS-HATCH when saving/exporting Bill Bagge 5 4,838 11-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Post: williamj
  Technical Issue Converting DC 8.0 to DC 6.0 WingDoctor 1 2,356 01-08-2015, 07:37 AM
Last Post: i44troll
  Line weight question cynbel 4 4,745 04-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Admin 1