Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise me... inside radius
I can't seem to figure out how to create an inside radius. Also how do I resize the drawing to stay that way.
If I can attach this drawing I will it's called inside radius and it is tiny. the drawing is a copy from another cad program and I can't make those inside radiuses
Thanks[attachment=454]
Is it that you can't draw the radius OR you can't dimension the radius? The "arc" is drawn but the radius dimension was not created using the dimension tab. Is this what you want?

[attachment=456]No, the dc file I attached was copied from another cad program and I was trying to create it with delta cad 8.
But when I click to draw the radius on both ends I end up with this
thanks

Attached Files
.dc   inside radius.dc (Size: 541 bytes / Downloads: 8)
Tony,
With any CAD program, including Deltacad, construction lines are still needed as a framework of your drawing so that you have edges, intersections, and points to locate from. In order for you to draw your radius (not radius but arc actually) you must know the center of the arc. It just so happens that the 1" dimensions that are given at each end of your drawing don't appear to be dimensioning anything, therefore, since the dimension of the radius of your arc is 1" I will assume that those two dimensions were intended to show the location of that very arc center. When you use the "create a radius" feature within the EDIT tab you are limited to creating a fillet from two opposite entities (two opposing lines that are not parallel to each other). You should have drawn either a point or two intersecting lines that show the arc center, then draw an arc or circle from that location. Here's how......

Thanks it seems so easy once your shown
I noticed all your dimensions were converted to GROUPS is why when you zoom to VIEW ALL is shows up tiny.
If you go to EDIT and select a dimension then click the Ungroup button it splits up the 'converted dimension' into Lines and Text. 
If you Ungroup all of your 'converted dimensions' then do a VIEW ALL the drawing will then fill the screen.

You can go to SELECT tab then click the MISC button and scroll down to Ungroup All Groups and click the Execute button to do all of them at the same time.

You might have to delete the 'converted dimensions' and put them back in yourself with DeltaCad.
DeltaCad doesn't seem to produce an inside radius like that other CAD program.
The Text Pointer Arrow option comes close but you have to type in your own value.
They way Tony and i44troll drew the inside radius will leave a Y gap distance of .001802 between the end of the top line and the top end of the radius.

Actually Tony's drawing has a line connecting the top line and the end of the radius, but it can only be seen if you change the Thin line thickness to .001
Yep! Sure is! Must be a part of a larger drawing. I can't see how this drawing would depict anything functional, that is, with an edge just over .001 thick.
(01-11-2015, 12:46 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: I noticed all your dimensions were converted to GROUPS is why when you zoom to VIEW ALL is shows up tiny.
If you go to EDIT and select a dimension then click the Ungroup button it splits up the 'converted dimension' into Lines and Text. 
If you Ungroup all of your 'converted dimensions' then do a VIEW ALL the drawing will then fill the screen.

You can go to SELECT tab then click the MISC button and scroll down to Ungroup All Groups and click the Execute button to do all of them at the same time.

You might have to delete the 'converted dimensions' and put them back in yourself with DeltaCad.
DeltaCad doesn't seem to produce an inside radius like that other CAD program.
The Text Pointer Arrow option comes close but you have to type in your own value.

Thanks AlwMVMO. Those drawings I get were driving me crazy
Just to add my 2 cents, your inside radius dimension can be made selecting arrows inside or arrows outside.  Arrows inside will give you and arrow from the center to the radius and you can extend the dimension to the outside of the radius line with a leader.  Arrows outside will give you an arrow pointing to the outside of the radius and the dimension to the outside of the radius line.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Editing lines inside of an object? STC1 6 6,034 04-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Admin 1