Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawing a simple rectangle...
Is their a simpler way to draw a rectangle aside from the way the manual says to do it.

In the manual you must draw one line then another line and enter lengths for each for each line involved.

Can't I just quickly draw a box or rectangle and right mouse and enter 5" x 3" lets say.

Just a thought.

Anyone?
kopter6, welcome to the DeltaCad User's Group Forums.

The simplest way to draw a rectangle is to place the pointer where you want the lower left corner of the rectangle to be and then key in the dimensions. When in the shapes tab for rectangles, when drawing there is an input (at the lower left of the screen) to place dimensions. If you want a 2x2 square then key in 2 , (comma) 2 or if you want a 2x3 rectangle then key in 2 , (comma) 3 and then hit enter. DeltaCad will complete the shape for you
(03-06-2016, 11:06 AM)williamj Wrote: kopter6, welcome to the DeltaCad User's Group Forums.

The simplest way to draw a rectangle is to place the pointer where you want the lower left corner of the rectangle to be and then key in the dimensions. When in the shapes tab for rectangles, when drawing there is an input (at the lower left of the screen) to place dimensions. If you want a 2x2 square then key in 2 , (comma) 2 or if you want a 2x3 rectangle then key in 2 , (comma) 3 and DeltaCad will complete the shape for you

I will give it a try - thank you!
Sorry kopter6 but I forgot to say that you must 'left click' the mouse when placing the lower left corner.
You can type a X,Y coordinate for your starting position then a X,Y distance. 
Your starting position can be in any corner if you use negative values for the distance.  (  -5,-3.25  or  6.125,-2  or  -4.875,5  )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Changing the size of a rectangle? BradW 2 2,865 07-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Last Post: BradW