Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I get full details of a drawing to appear
I have had plans made for the ground floor of our building.
The plan provider used Autocad and supplied the plans as .dwg and pdf files.
I am planning on learning to use CAD software and this is my first project.
I discovered Deltacad and decided this looked great software for a total beginner to learn CAD.
When I run Deltacad and open the plans they are incomplete when viewed on screen and in print preview.
The outline and borders and title and text not appearing.
I have started reading the help manual and info and read about layers.
I guess it is something to do with the plans being made up of several layers and not all shown.
I have selected show all layers via /view/set layer/all on/
I viewed the plans using some free .dwg viewer software on the web and the full plans were shown so I know the full plans are in the file.
Can anyone give me some pointers on this. Are there layers that need to set to be shown ?
Hi Peter, welcome to the DCUG's forum.

First of all, DeltaCad is a very basic cad program and it's 'my' understanding that DC won't pick up some of the attributes of other more advanced cad programs. DC might pick up different attributes from, say, TurboCad but not AutoCAD and visa versa.

I believe that this came up once before, but I don't recall if a solution was found for this predicament. Some one more experienced than I am will chime and  bring us both up to speed.

Best of luck
(03-18-2016, 06:05 PM)williamj Wrote: Hi Peter, welcome to the DCUG's forum.

First of all, DeltaCad is a very basic cad program and it's 'my' understanding that DC won't pick up some of the attributes of other more advanced cad programs. DC might pick up different attributes from, say, TurboCad but not AutoCAD and visa versa.

I believe that this came up once before, but I don't recall if a solution was found for this predicament. Some one more experienced than I am will chime and  bring us both up to speed.

Best of luck
Hi William
Thanks for your reply. That is very useful and helpful and much appreciated. Looks like I have got my answer in the first reply to my post.
I have selected all layers to be shown. But looks like Autocad has written some data into layers and attributes that Deltacad not picking up.
I will learn CAD using Deltacad. Then add back the details that have gone missing. The missing detail is text and 'boxes for text' which should be straightforward to add back. The important data such as scale drawings is all appearing in Deltacad OK. Just the easy to add back bits that gone missing.
Many thanks.

tha  line outlines which I can add back.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Framing details Skubala 5 6,280 03-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Last Post: jw48
  Print Out Full Size woodmaker 6 7,617 11-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Admin 1