Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused Layers and Layer object colors
Its been awhile so I apologize if this has been asked before. When setting layer colors to represent specific objects and you set a particular layer as current, does deltacad draw in that color. Or do you have to specify the color individually for each object drawn to make it match the layer color. Case in point:
  1. I created a layer called text / Yellow
  2. I created text and set color as yellow
  3. I set the layer called text as current
  4. When i inserted text it was white not yellow
Yes, you set the color that you want no matter what the layer is called.
When you were in the TEXT tab was the color box at the top Yellow before you inserted the text?

notes:
* Layers and colors are separate from each other. You can use all of the 160 predefined colors or millions of custom colors on each layer.
* Each of the 7 different types of objects (Point, Line, Circle, Shape, Text, Dimension and Spline) can be a different color at the same time.

Things to try:
* Try different Text colors, if all the text come out white then there could be a bug in DeltaCad.
* Reboot your computer and try again to see if it will fix the problem.
* Start a new drawing.
* Switch your screen back to white and see if text colors come out correctly.
You will have to contact < Midnight Software > for bug reporting because 
DeltaCad Users Group is not affiliated with the developers of DeltaCad Midnight Software.
(06-08-2017, 09:05 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: Yes, you set the color that you want no matter what the layer is called.
When you were in the TEXT tab was the color box at the top Yellow before you inserted the text?

notes:
* Layers and colors are separate from each other. You can use all of the 160 predefined colors or millions of custom colors on each layer.
* Each of the 7 different types of objects (Point, Line, Circle, Shape, Text, Dimension and Spline) can be a different color at the same time.

Things to try:
* Try different Text colors, if all the text come out white then there could be a bug in DeltaCad.
* Reboot your computer and try again to see if it will fix the problem.
* Start a new drawing.
* Switch your screen back to white and see if text colors come out correctly.
You will have to contact < Midnight Software > for bug reporting because 
DeltaCad Users Group is not affiliated with the developers of DeltaCad Midnight Software.

Thank You for the response
I think  the color box was white. I guess i was still thinking i was in Autocad. I am now getting requests to comply with AIA and ISO Layer and Color Standards. I am trying to set up templates to facilitate drawing. It would appear that while there are standards for Layers it would seem its anybody's choice for objects within a layer. Doors and Windows can be any color within a layer representing a floorplan, yet the accepted standard for text is yellow. Trying to make my life easier. I do not wish to go back to Autocad, nor do I wish to learn Chief Architect. DeltaCad is much easier to use and just as effective for design purposes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused Layer and Layer Object Color IanL 1 1,871 06-23-2017, 01:14 AM
Last Post: AlwMVMO
  Which layer displays on top of all other layers? rodalsa 3 3,124 10-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Last Post: i44troll