Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snap to grid, alignment problem.
I use version 8 on a Windows 10 pc. I find that lately when I try to place a draw object to a different  object along side, the snap to grid fails to place to to a common grid point. Specifically if I start a drawing with the grid set to be at intervals horizontally and vertically, it actually snaps to a location halfway between the grid points. Actual case, I set the grid for spacing of 0.125 inches.  Then I draw a box  of 1.0 " between a spacing of 8 grid points.  I draw second small box of 0.125 " between two grid points. I then use the "move" function too try and position one of the corner grid points of the smaller box to rest on a corner grid point of the larger box. I' am expecting to merge both objects together into one object. I find when I do this the smaller box positions instead the smaller object corner to a position half way between (0.0625) away from the grid points. How do I get it to actually snap to the desired point in this circumstane. Thanks  
On the Grid Startup Options is the Display every grid points option set to  1 ?
If it is set to 2 then it appears that the snap points are halfway between the visible grid points, assuming you are using visible grid points.
Also make sure the snap mode which is located in the bottom right corner is set to Grid Points ( looks like 9 dots ).

Another thing is you might have a corrupt DeltaCad program and it might have to be reinstalled

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Print alignment ? Caderyn 10 7,832 04-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Kevin45