Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise me... Drawing in metric
I want to create a drawing using the metric system. How can I set DC 8.0 to display the ruler in centimeters and have the grid set to display in metric? Then later I want to have the printed version have dimensions displayed in metric values Tnx
Metric settings are in the Drawing Scale/Units. It's under the 1st Options menu. [Screen shot]

Grid settings are under View menu, X and Y values will be whatever units are set.
I messed up. When attempting to start the drawing I expected that changing to metric would be in options. Still expecting it to be in options I selected the second level of options. In that menu I found that it included virtually everything I could image including the kitchen sink as the old saying goes, except anything that seemed related to metric conversion. I thought then that if was not in options metric drawings might not exist. I had run into a dead end. I did a search in the user guide for metric. It came back with just the word introduction. It's been at least 15 years since I was first introduced and bought a copy of Deltacad.
I also went to the grid settings and found nothing about the metric system or anything defining any other system. It just seems to be dedicated to setting number for the x.y. coordinates whatever it was set too when opened it. My past experience it was always assumed to be in inches and feet. At that point I wondered if there was a ruler hidden somewhere showing metric equivalents to the inches, etc of the grid.
In short I blew it, and my thought process and reasoning was my downfall. All that seemed to be left was to find a work around using a pocket calculator to manually convert all the dimensions to metric equivalents. Sad Tnx
Since I expected to find it under option, yes I did not find the setting for metric. Thus I clicked the options name in the toolbar.causing the pull down menu to appear with another choice also intended for accessing options. The options in the pull down menu immediately stood out. Thus I clicked on the pull down menu options. If the settings was specified to be in options that made it appear that the clicking the pull down options was the real options menu and clicking on the option in the toolbar was just a bridge /link to the code writers real, intended option. I was not instructed to look for the Drawing Scale/Units option, it was expected to be with the other options in the pull down menu.

It was not until I read your response it did not seem to make sense. I got suspicious and ignored what I was led to believe was it's location. After a closer look I discovered it was not in with the other similar options.

Now clicking view, then clicking grid, I would expected that the x-y numbers would indicate if these units were in millimeters, centimeter or meters And only if I had known where and how to truly change from inches, feet, yards, etc. Thus yes I'm an idiot because I did not think to do what was meant and not what was said. That's life in the big city.
Let me make this clear, this issue is history. I have already started work on the metric drawing. Case closed. Tnx

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  V6 Metric Drawing rodrocket 3 1,914 09-03-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: AlwMVMO