Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Copying a circle
(03-20-2009, 07:32 AM)The Boss Wrote:
JimBrown Wrote:I tried to attach a file, couldn't get it to attach. If I figure that out I'll post again.

What type of file where you trying to attach? (extension)

What size is it?

It was going to be a .dc file, but I read elsewhere there's a procedure to follow which i've not got round to yet.

But as I said, I can live with this problem for now...
Okay. DeltaCad files need to be approved and therefore cannot be posted (attached) on the forums. They will be made available on the appropriate download page(s) once approved.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that might need to be fixed or otherwise allowed.

The procedure to submit DeltaCad files is located in our FAQ forum.

I look forward to receiving your submission.
Thanks, in advance, for sharing.
Yeah, I know, this is an old thread but I have something to add here, mostly because I'm wanting to generate some activity!

I didn't experience this problem for myself until just recently when I tried to copy and paste into Word. I then remembered that we had this thread going and didn't know if there was a resolution to the problem. I was not able to emulate the same result as Jim by choosing "edit" and clicking on the outside of the object to make it permanent, however, I have found a solution that will help BEFORE you copy and paste. Apparently Word wants to see "endpoints" such as what lines, and dashes, and arcs offer. There are definite starting points and ending points in these entities. Circles, however, do not offer starting or ending points. So, the only solution that I have found is to "Break" the circle by going to the "edit tab" first, then use the "Split a line/circle" icon to convert it to two joined arcs. If you do this before you copy/paste into Word you will not have a problem with it when you paste it. Worked for me.

Chris

(03-19-2009, 06:08 AM)JimBrown Wrote: Ok, it seems to be a Word setting maybe

As I said, in Word I see the box with sizing handles. If I right click in the box and choose Edit Picture the circle is there.... just click outside anywhere and it remains visible. Might have something to do with being at front or back... or something!!!!
You the man, Chris. Nice job.Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Copying from one drawing to another cshort 1 2,507 06-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Last Post: i44troll
  copying one layer to another Partimer 6 6,674 10-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Last Post: i44troll