Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit > Special Character
I'm trying to use special characters but when I copy and paste is shows the character,description and unicode info.
Obviously not using the correct selection and insertion method but unable to find anything in the user manual or the on line FAQ's.
Select DeltaCad's [TEXT] tab then pick the position then press [F12] key, you should get a box of characters which has special characters.
Click the characters you want then press [ENTER].

Or select the [EDIT] tab and pick the [E] Edit button and select the text you want to change the Edit dialog window will appear.
At the bottom of the Edit dialog window click the button that says [Extended Keyboard Window] and you will get special characters there.
Click the characters you want then click [OK].

As for copy and paste special characters from Wordpad or Notepad it worked just fine for me.  Çüéîûª£

I found this in the 'DeltaCad Help' in the top menu (DeltaCad User Guide) and I did a search for 'special character' and the topic 'Keyboard' came up and I selected it. There are other special things under that topic.
(08-17-2017, 09:55 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: Select DeltaCad's [TEXT] tab then pick the position then press [F12] key, you should get a box of characters which has special characters.
Click the characters you want then press [ENTER].

Or select the [EDIT] tab and pick the [E] Edit button and select the text you want to change the Edit dialog window will appear.
At the bottom of the Edit dialog window click the button that says [Extended Keyboard Window] and you will get special characters there.
Click the characters you want then click [OK].

As for copy and paste special characters from Wordpad or Notepad it worked just fine for me.  Çüéîûª£

I found this in the 'DeltaCad Help' in the top menu (DeltaCad User Guide) and I did a search for 'special character' and the topic 'Keyboard' came up and I selected it. There are other special things under that topic.
I tried as you suggested and does not work for me. I do not se the extended keyboard window button at the bottom of the edit window.

I am using DeltaCad Professional 8.0.12 on Mac OS X operating system. The special characters that I am looking for are under the [EDIT] tab [Special Characters].
It's possible the DeltaCad for Mac doesn't support special characters, I don't know.
You will have to contact < Midnight Software >.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot remove or edit object [email protected] 2 3,399 01-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Last Post: [email protected]
  dimension character size Partimer 11 14,585 04-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Partimer